Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Yields: 4 people
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
4 4-ounce halibut fillets (1-inch thick)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons honey
- Chop nuts, spread on a cookie sheet, and toast in the oven or in a toaster on 350 degrees until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Check every minute or two and stir or spin tray around to toast evenly.
- Rinse fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook one side of fillet over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Flip each fillet and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- While fish is in the pan, spread a layer of honey on each fillet and add a layer of nuts on top.
- Flip over and cook for 2 minutes and add honey and nuts to the top side.
- Flip again and cook 2 minutes.
- Halibut is cooked when the meat is no longer translucent.
- Remove from heat and serve.
This dish goes great with steamed string beans.
Recipe made available by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.