Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Yields: 8 people
2 cups black or green lentils
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 sprigs thyme, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
3 shallots peeled and thickly sliced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or raw apple cider vinegar)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the lentils in a large pot and cover with water to an inch above beans.
- Add parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes until lentils are tender, not mushy.
- While the lentils are simmering, combine the ingredients for dressing and whisk briskly.
- Drain water.
- Add dressing to lentils and serve warm.
Recipe made available by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.