Pan-fried salmon with shallots
Still feeling nostalgic for french food after being in Paris!
3 shallots, finely chopped
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
4 tbsp dry white wine, e.g. chardonnay
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 salmon fillets, skin on
1 tbsp olive oil
30 g butter (2 tbsp)
1 tbsp finely cut tarragon leaves (optional)
A few sprigs of chives for garnish (optional)
1. Place the shallots in a saucepan with the sherry vinegar and dry white wine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
2. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the fish and cook, skin-side down, for about
5 minutes. Turn the fish over. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Add the butter and tarragon to the shallot reduction. Stir until the butter melts.
5. Drizzle a little of the shallot sauce on serving plates. Top with the salmon and top with more sauce. Garnish with sprigs of chives.
Credit: Phillipe Mouchel