Red Lentil Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Yields: 4 people
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 carrot, rustic cut
1 burdock root, rustic cut
1 cup red lentils
4-5 cups water or stock
A few splashes umeboshi vinegar
Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cumin and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add carrot and burdock and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add lentils and water or stock and cook 20 minutes until lentils and roots are soft.
- Add a few splashes of umeboshi vinegar, stir and taste.
Recipe made available by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.