Warm and Sweet Butternut Squash Soup
2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups chopped peeled butternut squash
3 cups water
2 cups apple cider
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute, then add the cinnamon and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the squash, water, cider and season with salt. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the squash is tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk.
Adapted from Gourmet Magazine